I wanted to show you how to create a simple card using embossed cardstock and a large sentiment.
When I collect a new embossing folder, the first thing I do is emboss it, using whatever cardstock I have close by. I also will emboss various types of cardstock to get a feel for how the impression will look with different weights and textures of cardstock. As a result, I collect stacks of embossed patterns! It is easy to pair these embossed prints together to make quick cards!
To create this card follow these steps:
1. Make a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4-inch, top-fold card from ColorMates Originals Deep Terra-Cotta cardstock.
2. Emboss Elan Metallics Mocha cardstock with the Extra Loren Embossing Folder from the Couture Creations Elegance Collection.
3. Use an ink applicator to rub the embossed Mocha metallic cardstock with rust ink. Trim the panel to slightly smaller than the card front.
4. Emboss the ColorMates Smooth and Silky Barley Grass cardstock with the Poetry Embossing Folder from the Couture Creations Elegance Collection.
5. Using an ink applicator, rub the Barley Grass embossed cardstock with green ink. Trim the panel to 4 3/4 x 3 inches and mat with Deep Terra-Cotta cardstock. Attach to the left side of the embossed Mocha metallic cardstock.
6. Stamp a large sentiment onto ColorMates Original Light Totally Tan cardstock with brown ink and cut out with a rectangle nesting die.
7. Mat the sentiment with a Deep Terra-Cotta rectangle cut with a scallop rectangle nesting die. Attach the sentiment to the other panels with foam adhesive tape.
8. Wrap twine around the embossed panels and secure. Attach the panels to the card front.
9. Tie a button onto the card with more twine.
10. Line the inside of the card with Light Totally Tan cardstock.
~ Gloria (Scraps of Life)
ColorMates Smooth and Silky: Barley Grass
ColorMates Original: Deep Terra-Cotta, Light Totally Tan
Elan Metallics: Mocha
Die templates: Couture Creations Nesting Dies Rectangle, Scallop Rectangle
Ink: Clearsnap Colorbox Archival Tree Frog; Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk Burnt Sienna; Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa
Stamp: Stampin' Up
Twine: May Arts
Adhesive: Glue Dots adhesive dots; Couture Creations foam mounting tape, double-sided tape