Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thanks!

Hello! It is Gloria with you today! I wanted to share a card that shows how well the WorldWin Papers ColorMates cardstock heat embosses AND dry embosses!
I made a standard sized card with Treasures Pitch Black cardstock. I then stamped the image with white ink onto ColorMates Original Light Coffee Brown cardstock.  Using white embossing powder, I heat embossed the image. 

Once the embossing was cool to the touch, I dry embossed the image with a matching embossing folder. (You can see I had a bit of trouble lining it up, but that just adds to the "charm"!) I fussy cut the bottom edge of the pattern, so I could add a bit of printed paper to the bottom of the card. 

I stamped the medallion image into the center of the card and heat embossed it. I then die cut some of the matching shapes out of designer paper and cardstock to add to the stamped shape. I die cut the star shape from a scrap of the Light Coffe Brown cardstock, and then covered it with white ink and white embossing powder. Topped with a black gem, it makes a great embellishment for the center of the card. 

Thanks for looking! Please visit my blog Scraps of Life!

~ Gloria

WorldWin Products:
Treasures Pitch Black cardstock
ColorMates Originals Light Coffee Brown cardstock
ColorMates Originals Light Totally Tan cardstock

Other Products:
Designer paper: Teresa Collins
Stamps: Couture Creations Dream Boat Collection, Floral Wreath

Embossing folder: Couture Creations Dream Boat Collection, Floral Wreath
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up Whisper White
Embossing powder: Wow Embossing Powder Opaque Bright White
Black gem: Want2Scrap
Adhesive: Couture Creations Double Sided Foam Mounting Tape
Tools: Couture Creations Handheld Essentials tools, Couture Creations Precision Trimmer, Couture Creations Sanding Block, Couture Creations Scissors - Pointed Stainless Steel

1 comment: