Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Christmas in July

Hello everyone! Gloria here today! I have two WorldWin Papers projects to share today. I created two Christmas cards for the WorldWin Summer CHA booth. CHA is going on this week in Las Vegas, so if you are unable to go to the show, you can get a sneaky peek of my cards today! {I am NOT at the show either, so don't feel too bad!}

I embossed the ColorMates Original Medium Berry Red cardstock with the Couture Creations Exotic embossing folder. I lightly rubbed the embossed areas with white chalk ink to make the embossing pop. As you can tell by the name, this folder is not really a Christmas-themed folder. However, the pattern seemed very "festive" to me, so I used it!



I embossed the ColorMates Heritage White cardstock with a second embossing folder (Cuttlebug Christmas Countdown). I used Pearlescent Swirl cardstock to create the snowflake, using Spellbinders Create-a-Flake Three dies.  I added just a bit of patterned paper to create a gift card holder on the front of the card.

This next card was fun to make as I used a technique that is new to me....a die cut overlay.


I embossed Petallics Beargrass cardstock with an embossing folder (Cuttlebug Ornaments) and trimmed it to size. Petallics papers are shimmery and heavy weight, so they "take" the embossing very well. I cut the hexagon pattern (Papertrey Ink) from ColorMates Originals Deep Berry Red cardstock. 


I stamped the Christmas ornament image onto ColorMates Heritage White cardstock and cut it out with the Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornament die. 

And there you have it! Christmas in July! Thanks for looking!

I hope you have a chance to check out all that WorldWin Papers has to offer!

~Gloria

Supplies Used:
WorldWin Cardstock:  
ColorMates Original: Medium Berry Red, Deep Berry Red, Heritage Black, Heritage White
ColorMates Textured Cascata: White 
Pearlescent: Swirl 
Petallics: Beargrass

Designer paper: Carta Bella Winter Fun
Stamps: Hampton Art/Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium; Just Rite Christmas Mini Sentiments, Merry and Bright
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black; Clearsnap Colorbox Chalk Alabaster; Close to My Heart Cranberry 
Embossing Folders: Couture Creations Exotic; Cuttlebug Christmas Countdown, Ornaments 
Die cutting templates: My Favorite Things Fishtail Flag Stax, Layers, Gift Card Pockets Horizontal; Spellbinders Create-a-Flake Three, 2010 Heirloom Ornament; Papertrey Ink hexagon plate 
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon 
Button: craft store
Adhesive: Scotch 3M ATG tape runner; Aleene's Tacky Glue, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares; Glue Dots adhesive dots

1 comment: