Friday, September 20, 2013

It is a Kromekote Christmas!

Hello! Gloria with you again. WorldWin Papers has come out with a new line of cardstock, called Kromekote. This cardstock collection contains foil, glossy, and glossy textured cardstock papers. The cardstock is a heavy weight, perfect for embossing!

I used the Kromekote Silver Foil cardstock for my card. It is never too early to get started on your Christmas cards, and silver foil is perfect for the holidays! I embossed the Silver Foil cardstock with an embossing folder, and then I gently rubbed the surface with a sanding block.


I used Copic markers to highlight just a few elements of the embossed image. I die cut a small scrap of the silver cardstock with a mini tag die template, and then I stamped the sentiment on it with Staz-On ink (which dries quickly on the glossy surface).


You can see here the "scratching" of the surface that happened when I gently buffed the raised images with a sanding block! It gives the card even more dimension.

I created the card and mat with ColorMates cardstock (deep emerald isle and deep berry red).


Thanks for looking!

~ Gloria (Scraps of Life)

Supplies needed:
WorldWin Papers:
Kromekote Silver Foil
ColorMates Deep Emerald Isle, Deep Berry Red, Heritage White (inside)

Embossing Folder: Couture Creations Cardinal's Wreath
Die template: Sweet and Sassy Stamps Mini Tags
Stamps: JustRite Deck the Halls
Ink: Tsukineko Staz-On Jet Black
Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon 
Sanding block: Couture Creations
Markers: Copic R29, G16
Adhesive: Scor-tape; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3D Foam Squares

1 comment:

  1. This is so fabulous, Gloria! I love the vintage sheen of this wonderful paper. And, wow, it embosses beautifully!

    ReplyDelete